Log4r 1.1.8 released
The 1.1.8 release of Log4r has the following changes:
- Fix for bug #28021 - major change to how Log4r handles thread synchronization, now using Monitor class instead of directly using Mutex. Yann Golanski reported what appeared to be a deadlock related to Mutex not being re-entrant.
- Move files from src directory to lib directory, following convential ruby gems.
- Add %T to pattern formatting, allowing for truncated file path, this runs opposite to the c vs C patterns. e.g. %t outputs /fully/qualified/path/filename.rb, %T outputs filename.rb
- Added example to illustrate logger inheritence rules see: examples/ancestors.rb
- Added "levels" method to Logger
- Incorporating STARTTLS support via Nitay Joffe wrapping change with a check for ruby < 1.8.6 to require 'smtp_tls' and handle different calling characteristics. Dan Sketcher submitted an almost identical patch a month later. Added examples/gmail.yaml and examples/gmail.rb to illustrate usage.
- Modifications to behavior of rollingfileoutputter.rb by David Siegal. Can automatically purge older files, intelligently picks up appending where left off, or deletes existing log files and starts at the beginning again.
Other changes that I did not blog about earlier:
1.1.6 and 1.1.7:
- Change UPDOutputter to accept hash for :hostname and :port
- Charles Strahan's contributions to integrate with chainsaw including formatter/log4jxmlformatter.rb and outputter/udpoutputter.rb
- Bug #27819 fixed DateFileOutputter does not handle nil dirname correctly